From the Office of the Superintendent: Friday, September 18, 2020 COVID-19 Friday Update
Dr. Gotcher will provide weekly updates of the number of active positive cases and those quarantined among RSD students and staff. This information will be posted on our website under 'Back to School.'
As of this communication on September 18th we have:
- 5 active positive cases (14 last week) among students and staff.
- 9 staff are quarantined (11 last week).
- 79 students are quarantined (124 last week) That is a 36% decrease over last week.
- A total of 93 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week (145 last week).
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data on September 7th there were:
- 1,312 (1,286 last week) cumulative positive cases in Russellville community (3% of community).
- 47 new cases as of September 14th in our community.
Maintain your diligence in wearing face coverings at all outdoor school events. Please continue to encourage your students to wear face coverings consistently at all outdoor events.
For more information on COVID-19 visit: https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/covid-19-reports