Superintendent Gotcher's weekly Covid-19 Friday Update for 12.11.20
As of this communication on December 11th we have:
- 60 active positive cases (24 last week) among students (35) and staff (25).
- 33 staff members are quarantined (31 last week).
- 423 students are quarantined (185 last week) This is a 130% increase since last week.
- A total of 516 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week.
- Our total cumulative positive cases among staff and students are 231 out of 6,000 students and staff. This is now 3.8% of our district who have tested positive since the outbreak.
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data as of December 7th, there were:
- 2,736 cumulative positive cases in the Russellville community (7% of the community).
- 246 new cases (225 last week).
With the continued rise in the number of cases and quarantines, we have made the decision to implement virtual learning for RMS, RJH, and RHS beginning Monday, December 14th and to continue throughout the week. This is no different than a Virtual Friday. Students have the choice to attend school on-campus or attend virtually.
*All other campuses will have school normally.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this difficult season. We are all doing our best to make the best decisions for our students and families.