Superintendent's COVID-19 Friday Report: January 15, 2021
I want to provide our eighteenth weekly update of the number of active positive cases and those actively quarantined among RSD students and staff. Next week I will start week one of second semester. We will continue to post this information on our website as long as necessary for you and our patrons.
As of this communication on January 15th we have:
- 62 active positive cases among students (49) and staff (13).
- 25 staff members are quarantined.
- 423 students are quarantined.
- A total of 510 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week.
- Our total cumulative positive cases among staff and students are 413 out of 6,000 students and staff. This is 6.8% of our district who have tested positive since the outbreak.
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data as of January 11th there were:
- 4,161 cumulative positive cases in the Russellville community (7% of community).
- 413 new cases in the Russellville community.
We will continue to monitor our cases and provide any updates from the Department of Health and the Department of Education.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this difficult season. We are all doing our best to make the best decisions for our students and families.
Superintendent of Russellville Schools, Dr. Mark Gotcher