Superintendent's COVID-19 Friday Update 01.22.21
I want to provide our first weekly update for our second semester of the number of active positive cases and those actively quarantined among RSD students and staff. We will continue to post this information on our website as long as necessary for you and our patrons.
As of this communication on January 22nd we have:
- 44 active positive cases among students (49) and staff (13). (62 last week)
- 21 staff members are quarantined. (25 last week)
- 250 students are quarantined. (423 last week)
- A total of 315 students and staff are out of school or work as of this week. (510 last week)
- Our total cumulative positive cases among staff and students are 439 out of 6,000 students and staff. This is now 7.3% of our district who have tested positive since the outbreak.
How does this compare to all of the residents within our community?
According to the ACHI (Arkansas Center for Health Improvement) data as of January 18th, there were:
- 4,400 cumulative positive cases in the Russellville community (11% of the community).
- 413 new cases in the Russellville community
We will continue to monitor our cases and provide any updates from the Department of Health and the Department of Education. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in this difficult season. We are doing our best to make the best decisions for our students and families.
We are all Achieving Excellence Together,